Lewisville Air Handlers Repair & Service
Air handlers, also known as air handling units, are devices used to circulate and condition air as part of a heating and air conditioning system. They can either cool, heat or do both depending on the model. The growing trend is moving towards a packaged unit that can do both, because it’s more energy efficient and takes up less space.
Air handlers work by sending conditioned air through duct work and into the building. There are many types of air handlers such as:
- Terminal Units: These are small, local use air handlers that usually only contain a filter, coil and blower.
- MAU: Makeup air unites are large and use and condition 100% outside air.
- Packaged/Rooftop Unit: These are most commonly seen used in apartment buildings and commercial buildings.
Advantages of an Air Handler
There are many reasons why a Lewisville homeowner might choose an air handler for their home heating and cooling system.
- Air Filtration: This system already contains air filters, which means an air handler will keep your indoor air clean and free of harmful particles.
- Increased efficiency
- Takes up less space
- Works for heating and cooling
- Mixing Chamber: To increase air quality an air handler mixes outside and inside air.
- Humidifier: Many air handlers have a humidifier to keep your house from being dry during heating season.
If you are in need of Lewisville air handler repair or installation, contact us at 972-420-1700.
Proudly Serving: Lewisville, Flower Mound, Coppell, Highland Village, Lake Dallas, Corinth, Carrollton, Grapevine, The Colony, Southlake, Plano, Frisco, Denton, Lantana, Double Oak, Argyle, Keller, Little Elm, Roanoke, Colleyville and more.
Copyright 2014 All Rights Reserved.